The Nike Zoom Freak 2 is ready just in time for play to start inside the NBA Bubble. Giannis Antetokounmpo figures to be a big part of the NBA season’s pandemic-delayed conclusion with his league leading Milwaukee Bucks attempting to bring home a title.
And the good news for us is the Freak 2 is a comfortable and worthy successor to the original Nike Zoom Freak.
What’s in the video?
In the video, Chris reviews every category you’re expecting. He offers detailed close ups of the materials, cushioning, traction, support, and fit. Here’s a little list of what he discusses:
- Freak 1 vs Freak 2
- Christmas in July?
- Thick storytelling heel traction
- Radial forefoot traction nubs
- Does outdoors friendly = pandemic friendly?
- Zoom Air in the forefoot
- Super comfortable midsole foam
- Great midsole tooling
- Nike basketball shoes looking like runners (example: Zoom BB NXT)
- Medial cage he’s seen somewhere before
- Giannis’ awesome logo on the tongue
- Sculpted heel
- A reminder that high tops don’t protect your ankles, lockdown does
- Sizing recommendations (it’s snug like the original)
- Wide footer guidance
You’ll also get to hear excessive Avatar: The Last Airbender references and Mrs. Wing shocking Chris with her opinion on the Freak 2 ‘Naija’.
Watch the full video by pressing play above or by clicking here to watch on YouTube.
Reminder: Every month we give away at least one pair of deadstock sneakers to a lucky member of our Discord community. In July, we gave away a recently released Jordan 1. We also give away a bunch of other stuff like socks, hats, laces, and more. If you’d like to be eligible for our next round of giveaways, join WearTesters here.
How to Buy the Nike Zoom Freak 2
Thanks again to Nike for sending these our way for review.