The Nike Air Zoom BB NXT is almost here. The Zoom BB NXT invokes the name of an all time favorite Nike basketball line, the first of which released in 2007.
The original BB line was worn widely by both college and NBA players. The 3 shoes in the Zoom BB line were all low profile shoes featuring full length Zoom Air. And while the Zoom BB NXT isn’t low profile, it packs in the Zoom Air and React foam in a way that makes Chris really happy.
Update: We’ve posted the full Nike Zoom BB NXT performance review.
What’s in the video?
In the video, Chris digs into the usual categories. He gives us a detailed look at the materials, cushioning, traction, support, and fit. Some of the details he covers:
- Traction pattern that reminds him of the Kobe 9
- A live listen to the traction’s squeakiness (it’s crazy good)
- Can the traction handle outdoor basketball?
- Surprise that the Zoom Air isn’t visible
- The double-layered React midsole
- Full length plate between the layers of React
- A removable insole surprise
- Will the high stack height affect performance?
- Beautiful-designed lateral Swoosh like the Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit
- Overlays that echo the Kobe 6
- Rocker heel
- Does it glow in the dark? (this one’s for Alex)
Have fun watching as Chris reviews this bouncy, impressive addition to the Nike basketball line. Our testers Jalique and Stan also have pairs so expect lots of insight on the Zoom BB NXT as they all start testing these potential bad boys.
Watch the full video by pressing play above or by clicking here to watch on YouTube.
How to Buy the Nike Air Zoom BB NXT
The Nike Air Zoom BB NXT is already available internationally and will be available for $180 in the United States on July 25, 2020. You’ll be able to buy the Zoom BB NXT at Nike and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
7/18 update: The BB NXT released 7 days early for Nike members. Buy early here.