Last updated: September 5, 2018
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://weartesters.com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
It does NOT apply to information collected offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by WearTesters or any third party (including our affiliates, subsidiaries, or advertisers).
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not directed to children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under age 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and website usage details.
- Data about the web pages within our website that you visit, the browser you use, and your network connection.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically, as you navigate the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Directly from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or communicating with us in any other manner. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing, posting, or requesting further information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you make through our store and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the website or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions. If you delete your User Contributions, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We do not collect or store Sensitive Information. However, the information we collect automatically may include Personal Information that we maintain or associate with other Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your interests.
- Speed up your searches.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit WearTesters, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our website and information to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- To market our own products or third-party products.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your email preferences through the link included at the bottom of each email.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WearTester’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by WearTesters about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WearTesters, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information. However, no data storage system or transmission method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information (including personal information) that we obtain. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Information” section above.