The Curry 3 from Under Amour has yet to be officially unveiled but here we have a decent look at the highly anticipated silhouette in this Warriors ‘Away’ colorway.
Let’s just get straight to the interesting part, the tech. Below you can see that the Curry 3 comes with a tech specs card in the box and here is what we found interesting:
- Threadborne S*: This is what the Curry 3’s upper is made out of and UA describes it as, “High tension threads woven intelligently to deliver the ideal mix of directional support and Breathability”. In case you were wondering, the S* stands for: ‘Survival Cord’.
- Meta Wing Plates: Not Nightwing, Meta Wing. These are two carbon fiber pinions (the outer part of a bird’s wing), that act as stabilizers to guide the foot during forward motions.
- Carbon Fiber Midfoot Shank: Carbon fiber! That is all…
- Molded Heel/Quarter Chassis: The back heel portion of the Curry 3 is made out of a lightweight structural foam and a performance textile material that is advertised to deliver both comfort and protection.
- Dynamic Midsole Frame: a raised foam counter that is blended into the Charged foam midsole which is said to create the sensation that UA is calling ‘Dynamic Containment’.
From what we can tell visually, the Curry 3 should be a solid performer as it looks like Under Armour doubled down on the fit by going with an asymmetrical lacing system that uses four major eyelets. These eyelets might be attached to the tongue to provide a snug fit that applies pressure from the top down like the ClutchFit Drive 3.
The outsole looks promising with its full-length herringbone setup that is articulated in the forefoot. Additionally, it features some horizontal herringbone sections which may keep you covered in every direction.
What do you guys think? Does the tech specs card change your opinion on the Curry 3? Does this close look get you more or less excited for the release of Steph’s third signature model?
Let us know in the comments section below and stay locked to WearTesters.com for any upcoming information regarding a release date for the UA Curry 3.