The Converse All Star BB Evo, the 2nd generation of Converse’s reemergence in hoops, is here. It’s an evolution of the original Converse All Star Pro BB. Chris thinks the changes are for the better and even says they might be potential bad boys on court.
What’s in the video?
In the video, Chris goes over all the typical categories you’ve come to expect. He offers detailed looks at the materials, cushioning, traction, support, and fit. Some of the stuff he covers:
- “Scarface” vibes
- The origin of the “Scarface” colorway
- If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
- How to save money for your footwear brand
- The return of the drop-in React midsole
- Unchanged outsole and traction
- Upper tweaked for comfort
- No midfoot shank and why Converse made that decision
- Direct comparison with last year’s All Star Pro BB
- Sizing recommendations
- Performance-driven material differences for the lateral and medial sides
- The new plush molded collar
We know you don’t need any other reasons to watch, but how about this one. This video is a (free) class on how to evolve a shoe from one generation to another without screwing it up or costing your brand a bunch of money in the process. Chris drops a ton of knowledge for all the aspiring footwear designers out there.
And also, does Mrs. Wing really know about Scarface? Or is she just pretending?
Watch the full video by pressing play above or by clicking here to watch on YouTube.
We’ll be giving away a pair of Converse Allstar BB Evo to a member of our Discord community in August. If you’d like to be eligible for that giveaway and any of the other giveaways we do, join WearTesters here.
How to Buy the Converse All Star BB Evo
The Converse All Star BB Evo will be available August 1, 2020 for $120 at Converse.