Athletic Propulsion Labs just introduced the Boomer – the latest basketball model in the line of APL branded performance sneakers.
The Boomer shares tooling from APL’s past models such as the Concept 3 and Vision Low which includes the patented – and banned by the NBA — Load ‘N Launch® technology. Traction was solid on the Concept 3 and Vision Low when we tested those a few years ago. However, the rubber is translucent on the Boomer so we’re unsure if that has made an impact either positively or negatively despite official specs noting using a durable non-slip rubber compound.
You can check the official tech specs of the shoe below and they’re available now in two colorways at AthleticPropulsionLabs.com for a steep $195.
Sound off in the comment section below with your thoughts on APL’s latest offerings including the tech specs and pricing. With so many brands dropping prices, coming in at $195 might not bode well with many consumers.
– Load ‘N Launch® technology works in conjunction with newly developed insole for increased comfort and an instant increase in vertical leap.
– Reinforced heel counter locks foot in place and prevents heel slip for enhanced stability and support.
– Open mesh windows provide superb ventilation allowing your feet to stay cool and dry even when the action heats up.
– TPU support cage acts as a segmented support structure, securing your feet during quick cuts and acceleration.
– Full-length internal bootie provides a sock-like fit for padded comfort encompassing the entire foot.- Durable, non-slip rubber outsole uses segmented herringbone surrounded by orbital grooves to provide improved traction in every situation.
– Durable, non-slip rubber outsole uses segmented herringbone surrounded by orbital grooves to provide improved traction in every situation.
*Results may vary based upon height, weight, athletic ability technique and physical condition.