Under Armour brings back the Anatomix line with the all-new Spawn Low.
I can’t even begin to express how excited I am to play in this shoe. The 2014 original I loved and the second iteration was just as good, but mostly because it was nearly a carbon copy of the original. This brand new version? They feel beastly so far.
Micro G is back. Not that it ever really left, UA has been using it as a carrier foam for a lot of its models, but it never felt like the original Micro G a lot of us remember and fell in love with. Instead, it’s been a firm foam with very little give under foot. After trying on the new Spawn Low, this feels closer to the old Micro G than anything we’ve had in a very long time, midsole dots and all.
The build feels very good on-foot based off of my try on and feels more like a continuation of the original model than the second ever did.
Product DNA/tech specs straight from UA.com:
- Interwoven layers of TPU films & PU coated mesh for multi-layer support in an anatomical design
- Exposed mesh areas for superior breathability & flexibility
- Additional padding around tongue & collar for complete comfort
- Die-cut EVA sockliner provides underfoot cushioning & support
- Micro G® foam midsole turns cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs
- Internal midfoot shank provides added support to help prevent the foot from rolling over
- Adaptive traction pattern on outsole has a shearing effect that allows you to both start & stop quicker
- Weight: 12.86 oz.
I can’t wait to take these out on court and see how they play. I’ve got a number of shoes in recently that I’m very excited for so I’m not sure which one I want to take care of first. Probably the Dame 5, but these might get some early playing time as well.
Let me know your thoughts on the return of the Anatomix Spawn line and stay tuned for release information. Retail will be $110. You can check out the old Anatomix Spawn review as well — I forgot how highly I ranked them.