Under Armour has unveiled its UA ICON Curry 5 ‘Hack of the Week’ contest. One lucky ICON user will win a grand prize of an all-expenses pair Warriors game day experience including tickets, travel, and accommodations.
Launched last night (July 16), UA ICON users can now submit their custom Curry 5 sneaker designs for a chance to show the world they’re “wired different.” Prizes include UA gift cards and the grand prize. The contest is open to U.S. and Canada residents who are at least 13 years old with an Instagram account.
“Hack of the Week” will consist of four rounds:
- Participants can enter and learn more about the contest at HackTheCurry5.com
- At the end of each round, a panel of Under Armour Basketball and UA ICON judges will select the two entrants with the highest-scoring submissions
- The judges’ criteria will include the aesthetic of the design, creativity of the design description and creativity of the designs that ties to how the designer is WIRED DIFFERENT
- The designs of the two selected entrants by the UA judges will be featured in @UABasketball’s Instagram Story via a poll for public voting.
- Whoever receives the highest number of votes in the poll will be deemed a potential winner. These four winners will advance to the Final, where the public will vote via @UABasketball’s Instagram Story on who deserves the grand prize.
- 7/16 – 7/22 (Judging 7/23 – 7/29)
- 7/30 – 8/5 (Judging 8/6 – 8/12)
- 8/13 – 8/19 (Judging 8/20 – 8/26)
- 8/27 – 9/2 (Judging 9/3 – 9/9)
The Curry 5 ICON custom retails for $170 in adult sizes and $140 for kids. You can start customizing your pair at UnderArmour.com.