The Nike Air Penny 1 Home is not as well known as other debut signature models, like Jordan’s, Kobe’s, or LeBron’s, but that doesn’t take away from their awesomeness. The line itself is one of the most consistent ever. This particular release isn’t the greatest retro, we only get a few truly great retros, but it’s as good as we’re going to get. These are worth looking at if you’re a fan of Penny Hardaway, the Orlando Magic, or just sneaker history.
Nike Air Penny 1 Home
Colorway: White/Varsity Royal-Black
Release Date: May 1, 2022
Style Code: DV0684-100
What’s in the video?
In the video, Chris provides detailed information from all the usual categories, providing the in-depth information you need. He supplies expert-level opinions on the materials, cushioning, traction, support, and fit. Here’s some of what he discusses:
- Penny Hardaway sneaker history
- Gorgeous, working outsole
- Full window into the sole (like the original)
- Lightweight Phylon midsole
- Forefoot Zoom Air and heel Air Max
- Softer, thinner lateral wings
- First ever retro of this colorway
- Decent particle-board leather
- Speed lace system
- OG inspiration for Nike Air Uptempo line
- Pin-striped tongue
- Separate back collar area
- Jeweled Swooshes
- One cent Penny rear logo
- Non-reflective pipeing
- Garbage insoles
- Sizing recommendations
As an added bonus, Mrs. Wing and Chris reveal the latest giveaways for our Discord community members and talk about how Chris plays Fortnite with Discord members.
How to Buy the Nike Air Penny 1 Home
Did you know we have a great community where we discuss reviews and various other nerdy topics? You can join WearTesters here.