With 2016 coming to a close, Under Armour has reviewed another year of data from its Connected Fitness community, which added over 30 million users this year. Now, the platform is host to over 190 million users worldwide. Under Armour data scientists pulled some key findings from the data, listed below (for the full report, click here). Take a look through the data and the infographics and let us know: do you use UA’s Connected Fitness apps?
- In 2016, users tracked nearly 800 million workouts and took more than 1.5 trillion steps.
- According to Under Armour data scientists, it takes an average of 2,000 steps to walk one mile. That means, collectively, users walked 750 million miles! That’s over 30,000 trips around the world.
- Millenials and Gen Xers were the most active age group in 2016. Those aged 25-44 logged 57% of the total workouts logged from all users.
- Running was the most popular workout logged, with the average run logged at 3.1 miles (or 5 kilometers).
- Hiking was the fastest-growing activity this year — users logged 78% more hikes in 2016, compared to last year.
- Eggs, coffee, and bananas were the top three logged foods among the community.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine recommends 7.5-8.5 hours of sleep for adults. Our community trended closer to the 7 hour mark, logging an average of 6.94 hours/night in 2016.
- The community logged about 40 minutes more sleep on weekends – but it came at a cost. Sleep quality went down by 10% and users were about 25% less likely to workout.
Source: Under Armour