Much like the Air Jordan XX8 SE Performance Review, the Jordan Melo M10 Performance Review will be short and simple due to the similarities.
The differences between these and the Air Jordan XX8/ SE are slim but prominent…
1. Materials are premium.
2. Premium materials provides greater durability.
3. Premium materials also means that break-in time is required.
4. Cushion feels a bit more firm in the forefoot, possible fix to Zoom Air unit popping and/ or shifting on some consumers.
5. TPU in place of Carbon Fiber at the heel… a change but not a significant performance difference.
6. Slight price increase compared to the XX8 SE but with the premium materials added and with the Zoom issue potentially fixed… could be worth it depending on who you ask.
I still love everything about the three models and since I’ve worn each of them I can tell that the original Air Jordan XX8 contains the foot well with the shroud, the SE offers a lightweight shoe that is supportive to a degree and the Melo M10 takes the support feature and beefs it up a few notches for those larger guys that may have felt as if the XX8 or SE were lacking a bit.
Hopefully this helps anyone out if you were unsure of which to get or even if the shoe will offer what you need in the first place. One thing is certain… the Melo M10 is how Air Jordan’s used to be made… handcrafted, ground breaking performance models with quality to boot.
Job well done, Jordan Brand… the story you’ve told with the Flight Plate System has been a great one. Can’t wait to see what the next flagship model brings.