adidas and Wanderlust, producer of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, have just announced a national, multi-year partnership. Their goal is a “new level of everyday fitness engagement to the millennial athletic enthusiast.” This is significant as adidas could capture a market that the big three, Nike, Under Armour, and adidas, have always fought for. Here’s the presser from adidas:
The multi-faceted relationship will offer the best of both companies, reflecting the passion they share for an active and adventurous lifestyle. Unafraid to break boundaries and challenge the status quo, Wanderlust, through both multi-day festivals and single-day events, merges the energy of a music festival into the community atmosphere of a yoga and fitness event. These revolutionary events unite adidas’ world-class products and services with the Wanderlust community, a progressive network of active men and women, in an environment that is both instructional and aspirational.
This partnership is announced following adidas’ recent launch of a new global initiative dedicated to the female athlete titled “I’m Here to Create”, a film series capturing authentic moments in the lives of real female athletes. Each of the films shows the world the numerous ways in which the women embrace creativity to tackle challenges, defy conventions, express themselves and fuel experimentation all in the name of sport. The initiative redefines adidas’ concept of “sport”, offering an evolved perspective inclusive of more mindful and wellness-centered activities.
“adidas creates the possibility for athletes to perform at the highest level. Wanderlust’s mission is to help people find their true north — to live a healthy, mindful and inspired life,” said Jeff Krasno, Co-Founder of Wanderlust. “This partnership is so powerful because both our companies are committed to helping people cultivate their best selves. The mixture of culture, fitness and wellness is reflective of how we see the world and the lives of our guests — an active generation inspired by physical challenge as well as style, fashion, music and art.”
adidas and Wanderlust share a vision of holistic, high-touch experiences that create community around sport and mindful living. Wanderlust’s transformative events attract some of the world’s most versatile and committed fitness and healthy-lifestyle devotees, including trainers, instructors and attendees.
“The landscape of sport is changing and it is the female versatile athlete who is leading this shift. She is dedicated to maintaining an active lifestyle and yoga plays a key role in her fitness routine,” said Nicole Vollebregt, adidas’ Head of Women’s. “The partnership with Wanderlust allows us to reach these women in a new and exciting way as they participate and bond together in a broad range of sports at events across the US.”
Highlights from the 2016 partnership:
• adidas will present all Wanderlust 108 events taking place in the United States. Wanderlust 108 is the world’s only “mindful triathlon,” consisting of a 5K run, a large scale outdoor yoga class and a guided meditation led by the world’s top teachers.
• At Wanderlust’s four US-based, multi-day summer festivals, adidas will present the largest yoga venue as well as the running and hiking programs.
• At all 25 US-based events, adidas will host a one-of-a kind, immersive onsite activation to engage in attendee-led experiences, enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves. Curated adidas apparel will be sold at each event.
• adidas and Wanderlust will combine forces to create a consortium of athlete- influencers who will lead the run and yoga programs at Wanderlust 108 events and additional programming at the US-based multi-day festivals.
• Wanderlust and adidas will launch two media content campaigns around select athlete influencers, featuring unique editorial and video content providing tools for operating at peak performance.
• At Wanderlust Hollywood, Wanderlust’s newly opened brick and mortar center, the two companies will collaborate on custom events for local influencers and the LA community at large. A curated adidas product capsule will be featured in the center’s shop.